BYB Becomes an Approved Boatshield Information Point
Join the Norfolk & Suffolk Police Initiative
Broadland Yacht Brokers are pleased to have been appointed as a "Approved Information Point" for the Norfolk and Suffolk Police initiative "Boatshield".
Boatshield aims to tackle crime on and around the waterways of Norfolk and Suffolk and owners are encouraged to take the security of their boats seriously by following the advice provided by Boatshield so you can reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of crime.
Owners will also be able to join the rapidly growing network to share information and receive alerts about crime on the Broads and around our Coastal areas.
The main aims of the scheme are:
* Reduce incidents of boat crime and associated theft by encouraging members to improve security
* Increased detection in marine crime
* Gather intelligence from members via reports of suspicious activity
* Better relations between the police and the boating community
* The creation of dedicated information points where members can pick up expert help and advice to improve security
To sign up to this initiative call in to the BYB office in Horning to collect your Boatshield pack or for more information about the scheme, please contact your local crime reduction officer on 101 or email Boatshield@suffolk.pnn.police.uk or Boatshield@Norfolk.pnn.police.uk.
Date Updated: January 15th 2016